The Correct Use and Interpretation of Moisture Meters (MM103)
Course Start: 10:00
Course Finish: 16:00
Technicians / Senior Technicians (members and non-members) and above or anyone wanting to improve their knowledge of moisture meters and readings.
• To gain a better insight to the operations and functions of different types of moisture meter • To understand the correlation between different meter readings on different materials. • To improve consistency and standards across the drying industry.
- What does a moisture meter actually do and why do we need them?
- How does a moisture meter actually work? (what does it read)
- Thermohygrometer (Temp, RH, Psychrometrics)
- Hygrohood & RH sleeves
- Carbide and Moisture balance (gravimetric)
- Types of moisture meter
- Interpretation and correlating of moisture meter readings
- Equilibrium Relative Humidity (ERH)
Understanding the relationship of materials to the atmosphere that they live in.
- Equilibrium Moisture Content (EMC)
Understanding the relationship that different materials have with each other.
Checking the calibration of resistivity, capacitance and RH
- Remote monitoring
- Thermal imaging – is a thermal imaging camera a moisture meter?
- Multiple choice assessment
This course is open to any interested party (members and non-members).