Key Elements of Damage Management for Insurers and Loss Adjusters (INST181)
Individual insurers and chartered loss adjusters employed by an insurer, broker or loss adjusting organisation who have direct involvement in property claims and do not have access to bespoke BDMA training in-house, for whom detailed knowledge of professional damage management practices will enhance their ability to achieve appropriate outcomes. Particularly relevant to those aiming to sit the BDMA Insurance Technician examination in order to gain accreditation as a BDMA Insurance Technician.
The course aims to provide delegates with an understanding of key elements of damage management best practice as delivered by professional practitioners. It is anticipated that this course, combined with further study of the insurer version of the BDMA Training & Reference Manual and the BDMA Standards, will enable students to engage in informed discussion with clients and contractors, identify and agree appropriate and cost effective solutions and challenge incorrect procedures. Students meeting the relevant criteria will acquire sufficient knowledge to prepare for the BDMA Insurance Technician examination with a view to accreditation under this category. Where students do not fully meet these criteria they will be advised of the appropriate category under which they could apply for accreditation.
In addition to an overview of the generic procedures followed by professional damage management practitioners when dealing with water, flood and fire damage, the course will cover:
• Measuring moisture in buildings accurately to avoid extended drying periods
• Correctly identifying drying systems for cost effective drying
• Understanding how to classify water, flood and fire incidents to help make better decisions
• How drying systems can be used to significantly reduce the scope of building work
• Which materials and building designs affect drying, and how they can be dealt with
• Ways to control indemnity spend in general and improve the customer’s experience
PLEASE NOTE: This course is only available to individual insurers and chartered loss adjusters employed by an insurer or loss adjusting organisation who have direct involvement in property claims but do not have access to bespoke BDMA training in-house. If you are unsure whether you qualify please email email@example.com for clarification before proceeding.