Prime Disaster Response: Fire and Water Damage Technician
Prime Disaster Response are a growing, premium damage response business based in Watford servicing clients across London, the Home counties and the South East. Our service is second to none and we are looking to add exceptional talent to our team. As an owner managed business, you will form part of a group where everyone’s aim is the same, exceptional service, working together.
We are looking for highly competent, experienced individuals to join our technical team whose main priority is to deliver the high service levels we have a reputation for, to the properties and individuals we service.
As a Fire and water damage technician you will attend properties that have been affected by fire and water damage and be required to provide an assessment of damage and a program of works to put the property back into a condition where another contractor will re-instate.
Our work is within the High Net Worth insurance sector, meaning we are instructed by insurance companies and be expected to work within certain guidelines and follow specific criteria. We are expected to provide a service that responds to a disaster in an individual’s property by managing that situation efficiently and effectively.
- Attend fire or water damaged properties and assess damage and provide a scope of works to mitigate the damage and restore the property
- Manage an upset policy holder or property owner, explaining what we are there to achieve and manage their expectations
- Install drying programs and equipment
- Manage junior staff and lead jobs from start to completion
- Using a variety of equipment – provide emergency works such as pumping out of water and cleaning up after a flood
- Perform risk assessments and other Health and Safety led paperwork
- Write complex reports and schedules of works
Key Skills & experience required
- Excellent grasp of both written and verbal English
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- 1-3 years’ experience within a similar business
- An ability to understand an individual’s concerns and manage a customer’s expectations
- Honesty, ambition common sense is essential
- A strong grasp of plumbing processes and building construction
- Conscientious and careful approach to work and individuals
- As a Prime technician you will be provided with a vehicle, uniform and training to allow you to deliver the best service within this market.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £21,000.00 to £27,000.00 /year
Please send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org